Crystalreports in Vb6
Author Message
 Crystalreports in Vb6

I think it's in disk 2 and I think it's ver 4.3... btw I'm with you, CRpts
is the pits... I  am reluctant to use it too, only out of necessity.

Quote:

>Well, id never liked the crystalreport editor. Just impossible to change
>the reports sql statement in runtime, without loosing the reports format.

>But never the less i have a project where i use it. And i cant fint a
>editor for it in my visual studio programgroup. Does anyone know if there
is
>a reporteditor shipped with vb6 pro or have they ripped it off the package.

>Thanks in advance

>Kent Andersson

Fri, 23 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystalreports in Vb6
No, it is there, just pull down the Project Menu and select ADD Data
Report, or similar, this works great when you bind it to a Data
Connection Object. You can create a connection and child command's and
SQL statements and then bind them directly to the data report using a
drop down selection item. Then just place the boxes you want on the
report and select the field(s) from the drop down list. You can also
perform aggregation functions and bind them to the report as well..
Henry

On Tue, 8 Sep 1998 22:46:32 +0200, "Kent Andersson"

Quote:

>Well, id never liked the crystalreport editor. Just impossible to change
>the reports sql statement in runtime, without loosing the reports format.

>But never the less i have a project where i use it. And i can?t fint a
>editor for it in my visual studio programgroup. Does anyone know if there is
>a reporteditor shipped with vb6 pro or have they ripped it off the package.

>Thanks in advance

>Kent Andersson

Fri, 23 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystalreports in Vb6
Well, id never liked the crystalreport editor. Just impossible to change
the reports sql statement in runtime, without loosing the reports format.

But never the less i have a project where i use it. And i cant fint a
editor for it in my visual studio programgroup. Does anyone know if there is
a reporteditor shipped with vb6 pro or have they ripped it off the package.

Thanks in advance

Kent Andersson

Sat, 24 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystalreports in Vb6
Seagate has also created a Crystal Reports report designer, free download
from their site, which IMO is more flexible than the new MS report designer.
Both allow you to create your reports from within VB (they treat the
designer almost like a VB form).  Both accept dynamic SQL statements for
data (with no loss of format).  The big advantage Seagate's designer has is
that it allows text boxes to be filled from sources other than the database
(i.e. through code)  With the MS designer, you can only do this with labels.
I hated CRW 5.0 with a passion, but really enjoy working with their new
report desinger.  The latest version works in both VB5 and VB6.

FWIW
-Mike

Quote:

>Well, id never liked the crystalreport editor. Just impossible to change
>the reports sql statement in runtime, without loosing the reports format.

>But never the less i have a project where i use it. And i cant fint a
>editor for it in my visual studio programgroup. Does anyone know if there
is
>a reporteditor shipped with vb6 pro or have they ripped it off the package.

>Thanks in advance

>Kent Andersson

Sat, 24 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. access 2000 with database password, vb6, crystalreport 7

2. CrystalReport ctl in vb6

3. VB6-CrystalReports-Oracle

4. VB6 CrystalReport and 8.5 ActiveX Runtime Report Designer

5. access 2000 with database password, vb6, crystalreport 7

6. access 2000 with database password, vb6, crystalreport 7

7. How to connect Crystalreport to an Access database

8. CrystalReports

9. CrystalReport.Net: Loading a picture at run-time?

10. CrystalReports:Formatting section from VB.Net code

11. CrystalReports.NET ?

12. CrystalReports Question