VB/Access : Building a new Table
Author Message
 VB/Access : Building a new Table

I have a Database in MSAccess and a program in VB with Datacontrols to some
tables.

One of the query's is a Table Make Query. I want to run that one from Visual
Basic. Not a problem I thought. But when the query starts the computer
starts to cry that the table already exist.

So what ?
I know this !
And it's nice that my computer knows this !
But why it's necesary that the computer tells me about this by a message ?
And why doesn't he just his job and build the table anyway ?

Now I have to shut down the form where the datacontrols are in. Drop the
Table and build a new one with a table make query. And open the form with
the data controls again. Very user friendly ??

The solution to delete the data in a table is not a sollution.
If you can solve this problem in a better way, please answer.

Leon Mol
The Netherlands

Thu, 01 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB/Access : Building a new Table

Quote:
>I have a Database in MSAccess and a program in VB with Datacontrols to some
>tables.

>One of the query's is a Table Make Query. I want to run that one from Visual
>Basic. Not a problem I thought. But when the query starts the computer
>starts to cry that the table already exist.

>So what ?
>I know this !
>And it's nice that my computer knows this !
>But why it's necesary that the computer tells me about this by a message ?
>And why doesn't he just his job and build the table anyway ?

>Now I have to shut down the form where the datacontrols are in. Drop the
>Table and build a new one with a table make query. And open the form with
>the data controls again. Very user friendly ??

>The solution to delete the data in a table is not a sollution.
>If you can solve this problem in a better way, please answer.

Sounds like you want to use an Append query rather than a make-table
query for adding records to an existing table.
Peter L Reader, posting from Portland, Oregon where the weather is lousy.
-----

Fri, 02 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Copying the structure of one Access table to a new Access table

2. New Product For Easily Building Web Applications From Access

3. Copy Recordset to New Access Table

4. Creating new tables Access 95

5. word VBA won't let me add a new record to an access table

6. Crystal Report cannot see new field that is added to MS Access table

7. Adding a new table in Access Database from VB3

8. Storing recordsets in new/existing access tables

9. Help! Creating a New Table in access

10. Creating new fields in Access tables using ADO 2

11. Creating a new record from an Access table

12. Exporting Tables From One Access DB to a New One