Form properties
Author Message
 Form properties

Hi

I'm migrating from Access to VB5.0 and getting a little confused.  I've
tried creating an about box using the About Dialog option on the Add
form menu item.  No problem in generating the form or customising it.
What seems to happen is when I save the aboutfrm and launch it fom a
nother form my customisations seem to disappear.  This is confusing  Any
pointers as to where I may be going wrong

regards  Rob

Fri, 23 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Form properties
The about box wizard is using references to the app properties.
click on the properties of each of the lables and fields and look
at the form startup code:

Private Sub Form_Load()
    Me.Caption = "About " & App.Title
    lblVersion.Caption = "Version " & App.Major & "." & App.Minor & "." & _
                                  App.Revision
    lblTitle.Caption = App.Title
End Sub

This was very confusing to me at first too.

I hope this helps

Daniel

Fri, 23 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Changing form-properties while running before loading the form

2. How to reffer to a form property from another form

3. Form properties not changing in response to VBA commands

4. Form Properties not showing as popup

5. How to set form properties from a global module

6. Spurious Form Property

7. Form Properties by code - this should be simple!

8. Reference another form property

9. How to retrieve form properties within a module?

10. Newbie - Refrencing a Form Property Using a String

11. Accessing form properties from Module1.SubName()

12. VB.net Form Properties Question