DAO Blob Adding/Extracting (audio files, text files, image files, program files)
Author Message
 DAO Blob Adding/Extracting (audio files, text files, image files, program files)
I'm currently seeking the best way through a module file (NO ActiveX
controls) to copy say and 3mb MP3 file and put it in a database field set as
longbinary. does anyone have the code to write a file to the field and then
extract it back to a file? currently need it to work with DAO 3.6

(Replace .nospam with .com)

Thanks,
Tyson Rawlings
SoftTech InterCorp
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 21 Feb 2004 17:49:21 GMT
 DAO Blob Adding/Extracting (audio files, text files, image files, program files)
I think that if you check this group further that you will find what you
need (basically you have to add the data with the AppendChunk method). If
you don't then check the ms-access newsgroup because I know there was
something there recently (the thread was primarily to do with putting images
into a memo field) but if you don't find send me an email and I will see
what I can do about sending you a code snippet (I would have to find &
extract, in amongst all the other things I have to accomplish).

Kerry

Quote:
> I'm currently seeking the best way through a module file (NO ActiveX
> controls) to copy say and 3mb MP3 file and put it in a database field set
as
> longbinary. does anyone have the code to write a file to the field and
then
> extract it back to a file? currently need it to work with DAO 3.6

> (Replace .nospam with .com)

> Thanks,
> Tyson Rawlings
> SoftTech InterCorp
> http://www.stintercorp.com/

Mon, 15 Mar 2004 22:48:45 GMT

1. Win APIs to play mpg video files, mp3 audio files and audio cds

2. Adding .TXT files to a VB program without the .TXT file

3. Adding .RTF .WRI .DOC files to VB programs with those files tagging along

4. BuiltInDocumentProperties from non-Word text files + testing if a DOC file is a Word file

5. Extracting files from a MIME(multipart/form-data) blob

6. SAving a MS Word file to a PDF file and a text file

7. Extract image from FRX to image file?

8. Converting WAVE files (broadcasting audio files)

9. Convert Real Audio RA file to wav file??

10. How to extract a file including folder using setup.lst from xxx.cab file

11. Extracting files from a resource file at runtime

12. Extract file extensions from files in FileListBox