ADO Recordset find method
Author Message
 ADO Recordset find method

I am trying to find a record base on the conditions of two fields. All VB
help files seem to suggest, implicitly and not explicitly that only on field
in a recordset can be search. Is this true

The message I am getting is

Run-time error '3001':

Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in
conflict with one another

The fields I am searching (in an Access database are Memo and Date), the
data types in VB are string and date
respectively.
The code is:
rstBudget.Find "Item='" & strCheckItem & "' and ItemDate=#" &
dtDatePlus28or14

The search string concatenates fine, when I do both values separately a
record is found, but when combined it come up with the above error.

Any one any ideas please?

Cheers, in advance

Stevie T

Tue, 20 Jan 2004 02:53:49 GMT

1. ADO recordset find method

2. ADO Recordset Find method is case insensitive ?

3. ADO recordset Find method

4. ADO recordset find method error

5. ADO Recordset Find method Problem

6. ADO frustration-recordset Find method

7. Recordset Find method in ADO

8. Recordset Find method in ADO (Corrected)

9. Recordset Find method in ADO (Corrected)

10. Recordset Find method in ADO

11. Problem using the .Find Method for Recordset in ADO Control

12. Recordset Find method in ADO (Corrected)