Query too Complex
Author Message
 Query too Complex

I am using an ADO data control with about 40 text controls bound to it.
every time I do an update I get the msg "Query is too Complex"   any
suggestions???

thanks

Fri, 15 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Query too Complex
Either simplify SQL or reduce number of indices

Quote:
> I am using an ADO data control with about 40 text controls bound to it.
> every time I do an update I get the msg "Query is too Complex"   any
> suggestions???

> thanks

Sat, 16 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Query too Complex

Quote:
>I am using an ADO data control with about 40 text controls bound to it.
>every time I do an update I get the msg "Query is too Complex"   any
>suggestions???

>thanks

Hello world. Spain calling.

I have exactly the same problem. I have been visiting al the Visual news
groups and web pages looking for the answer with no success. Anybody PLEASE
HELP, because we are stuck and we are running out of time.

Thanks

Mon, 25 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Query too Complex
It's on the MSDN Disk. The fields requested by your recordset take up too
much memory. The recommended procedures are:
    1. Reduce the number of fields
    2. Use shorter field names

Quote:

> >I am using an ADO data control with about 40 text controls bound to it.
> >every time I do an update I get the msg "Query is too Complex"   any
> >suggestions???

> >thanks

> Hello world. Spain calling.

> I have exactly the same problem. I have been visiting al the Visual news
> groups and web pages looking for the answer with no success. Anybody
PLEASE
> HELP, because we are stuck and we are running out of time.

> Thanks

Tue, 26 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Query too Complex
On Thu, 9 Sep 1999 19:27:02 +0200, "Javier Sotomayor"

Quote:

>>I am using an ADO data control with about 40 text controls bound to it.
>>every time I do an update I get the msg "Query is too Complex"   any
>>suggestions???

>Hello world. Spain calling.

>I have exactly the same problem. I have been visiting al the Visual news
>groups and web pages looking for the answer with no success. Anybody PLEASE
>HELP, because we are stuck and we are running out of time.

>Thanks

I suspect that the recordset that is giving you problems has more than
40 fields.  If this is the case, your answer in Microsoft's Knowledge
Base article Q192716.  You should be able to find it at
support.microsoft.com, but here's the basics...

The Jet database engine that Access uses (when combined with RDO or
ADO) has a limitation that kicks in when a recordset exceeds 40
fields.  There are several solutions.

1.  Use DAO.

2.  Select 40 or fewer fields.

3.  Use a server-side cursor.

None of these were very practical for me.  Luckily, there is a fourth
option.

4.  Ensure that the underlying table has a unique key.  Then, before
opening the recordset, you need to issue a few specific commands that
are listed in the Knowledge Base article.  That fixed the problem for
me.  Good luck.

...doug

Thu, 28 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Query too Complex

>None of these were very practical for me.  Luckily, there is a fourth
>option.

>4.  Ensure that the underlying table has a unique key.  Then, before
>opening the recordset, you need to issue a few specific commands that
>are listed in the Knowledge Base article.  That fixed the problem for
>me.  Good luck.

>...doug

All right! Option fourth works fine!

Problem solved.

THANX A LOT!!!!

Javier Sotomayor. (Yeah, like the famous jumper from Cuba)

Fri, 01 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Query too complex

2. Query too complex

3. ADO : Query too complex (or something similar!)

4. Query too complex error

5. Access to Oracle - Query Too Complex

6. Query too complex

7. query too complex error

8. Query to complex error?

9. ADO "Query too complex"

10. Query too Complex

11. Query too complex error on update...

12. Query too complex????