Open connections to the data base.
Author Message
 Open connections to the data base.

I am creating dynasets using the passthrough option to select records from
a SQL Server 4.2.  After parsing through the data set, I issue a close
statement.  The data base update transactions are done through a executesql
statement in which a procedure is executed at the server...

At no time should there be more than one connection to the data base!

The problem is that I see multiple connections open while the program is
running.  Once the progarm ends, all of the connections go away...

This problem seem to be specific to VB3. I do not see the same behavior in
VB4.

Do I need to the dynasets to 'Nothing' to actually clear them?

TIA

Bob

Sun, 15 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Remote Data Base Connection and Query

2. Opening a form based on data in tbl?

3. Opening data base

4. How open Data Base made with ACCESS 2000

5. Opening a form based on data in tbl?

6. Web based form feeding a vb data base

7. Help - Simply Getting Data from Extrenal Data Files (not from Access Data Base)

8. Opening a form with parameters using Data Connection

9. Howto: Bind a data control to an open ODBC Connection

10. Passing an open ADO connection as Data Source for a CR report

11. SQL Server connections not closing when Access connection also open

12. Use Outlook data as relational data base?