Excel Worksheet Via OLE - Problem
Author Message
 Excel Worksheet Via OLE - Problem

Can anyone help please -- VB4/Excel5

I'm trying to write to an Excel spreadsheet.  Code as follows:

Dim x  As Object

Set  x  = CreateObject("Excel.Sheet")

x.Application.Visible = True

x.Cells(1,1).Value = "Hello"

etc

I get "Run time error 1000 worksheet does not have writable cells
property"

Excel starts up ok, but does not enter normal starting mode (focus on
first cell.   Clicking the mouse seems to get things going.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Herb

Sat, 19 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Excel Worksheet Via OLE - Problem

Quote:

>Can anyone help please -- VB4/Excel5

>I'm trying to write to an Excel spreadsheet.  Code as follows:

>Dim x  As Object

>Set  x  = CreateObject("Excel.Sheet")

>x.Application.Visible = True

>x.Cells(1,1).Value = "Hello"

>etc

>I get "Run time error 1000 worksheet does not have writable cells
>property"

>Excel starts up ok, but does not enter normal starting mode (focus on
>first cell.   Clicking the mouse seems to get things going.

>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

>Herb

Try instead of Cells(1,1) -> Range("A1")

It works with me.

Sun, 20 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem sizing Excel worksheet in OLE Container on VB form

2. OLE: Excel worksheet without using Excel

3. Import Excel worksheets via VB and DAO?

4. Saving Excel Worksheet in DB as OLE Object

5. OLE linking with Excel worksheet - HELP

6. OLE Automation with Excel Worksheet Insertable Objects

7. Non-default Excel worksheet in OLE container?

8. OLE-Excel Worksheet

9. Worksheet delete using Excel as OLE server

10. Excel OLE Automation, adding another worksheet

11. Custom Functions in Excel causing worksheet problems

12. Problem accessing Excel Worksheet