VB4 & Acc 2 - Error 70 Permission Denied
Author Message
 VB4 & Acc 2 - Error 70 Permission Denied

Hi,

We have developed an application in VB4 and Access 2.0. Our application
will randomly give the error message : Permission denied. Error No. 70

We sometimes get another message saying Cannot Find Table/Query Def Fund.
where Fund is a table in our database. When we check the database
afterwards, it did not appear corrupted.

The exe and all it's associated DLLs/OCXs are stored on a network drive.
The network Server is NT 3.51.

The client PC is running windows 3.11.

We have been running the application for the last 6 weeks and have tested
it for even longer period without running into this problem.

Only this week, the errors have occurred.

The only changes to the whole setup was that HP Open Mail and Lotus Notes
were installed on the Client PC.

Does anyone know the cause of this error message or whether there is a
conflict between the newly installed Software?

Thanks in advance.
David Cheng

Tue, 09 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VB4 & Acc 2 - Error 70 Permission Denied

Have more users started using the application, IE multiuser increase.
Perhaps a compatibility layer problem.  I don't think there are any shared
DLLS between the new installed apps and Jet2.0 but you can always be sure
by re-installing the compatibility layer.

Permission Denied - Sounds like network related.  Haven't got a reference
hand to check up err70

Could be a VSHARE problem but not usually on Win/NT network.

Quote:
>Hi,

>We have developed an application in VB4 and Access 2.0. Our application
>will randomly give the error message : Permission denied. Error No. 70

>We sometimes get another message saying Cannot Find Table/Query Def Fund.
>where Fund is a table in our database. When we check the database
>afterwards, it did not appear corrupted.

>The exe and all it's associated DLLs/OCXs are stored on a network drive.
>The network Server is NT 3.51.

>The client PC is running windows 3.11.

>We have been running the application for the last 6 weeks and have tested
>it for even longer period without running into this problem.

>Only this week, the errors have occurred.

>The only changes to the whole setup was that HP Open Mail and Lotus Notes
>were installed on the Client PC.

>Does anyone know the cause of this error message or whether there is a
>conflict between the newly installed Software?

>Thanks in advance.
>David Cheng

Wed, 10 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB4 & Acc 2 - Error 70 Permission Denied

2. Error Number : 70 and Error Description : Permission Denied

3. Compile Error - Permission Denied (Error 70)

4. Permission Denied (Error 70)

5. error 70: permission denied for MsgBox

6. winNT: run-time error 70, permission denied ?

7. Error 70: Permission Denied (over network)

8. Shell error 70 permission denied

9. runtime error 70 Permission denied:

10. Runtime error '70' Permission denied

11. : Error 70 - Permission Denied

12. error 70 - permission denied when copying files