Connection errors with Visual Basic 4 16-bit and SQL server 6.5 on a 3.11 platform
Author Message
 Connection errors with Visual Basic 4 16-bit and SQL server 6.5 on a 3.11 platform

I have developed a program in 16-bit Visual Basic 4.0 using a SQL server
database.

I have developed this on a windows '95 workstation and in that
configuration there are no problems. But when the program is run on a
windows 3.11 workstation I get the following errors very frequently and
also hardly reproducable:

-error 3234, ODBC remote query timeout expired
-error 3151, ODBC connection to <database> failed
[ODBC SQL server driver][DBNMP3]ConnectionRead [read()]
[ODBC SQL server driver][DBNMP3]ConnectionCheckForData[DosPeekNmPipe()]
[ODBC SQL server driver][DBNMP3][invalid cursor state]
[ODBC SQL server driver][DBNMP3][Connection is busy with the results for
another hstmt]

Also, when using Crystal Reports (4.5) I get the error 'incorrect logon
parameters' when the report is about to be printed.

Microsoft told me it is a known problem which can be solved by creating a
3.11 setup on a 3.11 machine instead of creating it on a '95 workstation. I
have tried this but it did not seem to help. I installed the 3.11 setup on
a 3.11 machine and also the 16-bit ODBC driver which is shipped with
SQL-server 6.0 (because the 6.5 driver is a bit buggy).

Can anyone help me with this problem? I already failed some significant
deadlines because of this 'feature'.

always have a connection to the newsgroup.

Peter Brand, Woerden, the Netherlands.

Fri, 07 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Wanted Visual Basic v.4 16 bit for Windows 3.11

2. Import text file in SQL Server 6.5 via SQL in Visual Basic

3. Import text file in SQL Server 6.5 via SQL in Visual Basic

4. shared variables between Visual Basic (16 bit) and Visual C++ (32-bit)

5. Visual Basic & SQL server 6.5

6. Visual Basic RDO and SQL Server 6.5 null Problem

7. Visual Basic (16-bit) and Novell 3.12: How to login to remote server

8. VB 4 16 bit on Windows 3.11 machine

9. VB 4.0 16-bit/Win 3.11 incompatibilities

10. VB 4.0 16 bit setup viz. and 3.11

11. VB 4.0 16 bit setup viz. and 3.11

12. 16 bit VB 4.0 install with WFW 3.11