Help using DBGrid and set up DBGrid Display
Author Message
 Help using DBGrid and set up DBGrid Display

Can anyone give some guidance:
I am using VB 5.0.
I have a DBGrid control bound to a Data control (it is a querry) that has
15-20 fields in it.  I am only using three (3) fields in the DBGrid.  The
first two I don't want to allow any manipulation of.  The third field I want
the user to beable to change.  I used the Page Edit function to give the
individual columns lock and unlock properties (the first two were locked and
the third unlocked).

Unfortunately I can't change any data in the third column (nor the first two
either).  My data control properties are of the data control are:
Exclusive = False
Read Only = False
RecordSet = Dynaset

Second part of the problem is that I want to display only one set of the
querry based on a selection from the one-to-many set (querry) that I choose
from a DBCombo bound to a table or the querry (the querry if I can figure
out how to prevent duplicates).

I know I'm missing something, just need help in figuring out what.

Thank you
Rod

Thu, 14 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. DBGrid - Drag and drop data from one DBGrid to another DBGrid

2. DBGrid....how to put a Memo field on a DbGRID (by using Carriage return)

3. Help: DBGrid - how to make DBGrid.row = current row when I click the a cell

4. HELP DBGrid: Controling data in and size of Columns in DBGrid

5. Help: DBGrid - how to make DBGrid.row = current row when I click the a cell

6. How to display some records using dbgrid control?

7. TRUE DBGRID display - help or my dog will bark loudly

8. TRUE DBGRID display problem - Help or my dog will bark

9. true dbgrid from excel display help

10. true dbgrid from excel display help

11. DBGrid: formatting and displaying (Help Please)

12. Help..displaying differant sort orders in my Dbgrid !!??