ADO 2.6 and Oracle 8.1.6 - column data missing when opening a recordset
Author Message
 ADO 2.6 and Oracle 8.1.6 - column data missing when opening a recordset

ADO 2.6 and Oracle - data missing when opening a recordset

Hi Everyone,

Is there anyone out there using ADO 2.6 against a Oracle 8.1.6 DBMS that I
can
run this problem by?

I've got a simple open statement which opens the recordset and populates
a msflexgrid as follows:

        criteria$ = "select * from customers where Main_State = 1 and rownum
< 65"
        'MsgBox criteria$
        dsTemp.Open criteria$, dbase, adOpenStatic, adLockReadOnly

        If dsTemp.RecordCount > 0 Then
            Do Until dsTemp.EOF

  'Load to MSFlexgrid

      dsTemp.movenext
            loop
        else
 end if

A Big note, the table contains CLOB field as the 10th column in the table

If return less that 65 rows (ie the rownum bit) the clob field is returned
and all
works fine.

The problem is that when my select return more than 65 rows I loose all the
CLOB field
data (for every row), ie its return as a null field.

I've tried playing with adjusting the dsCallTemp.CacheSize = 100 changing it
to 200
and increasing rownum by one just to get 65 rows and no change.

I'm obviously hitting some kind of limit here, but I need some help.

Another note: The CLOB fields are really pretty small with only a couple
over 2k.

Can anyone help??

TIA

Brian

Wed, 01 Oct 2003 03:39:11 GMT

1. Urgent: Update Oracle disconnected recordset using ADO 2.6 and VB6

2. Passing a VB ADO 2.6 recordset to Oracle PL/SQL

3. inserting decimal values (ADO 2.6,ORACLE 8,VB 6 sp4)

4. Using Parameters.Refresh with Oracle & ado 2.6

5. Strange problem with Ado 2.6 and Oracle

6. Transaction / Oracle 7.3.2 / ADO 2.6

7. MDAC 2.6 has broken my recordset open statement in VBScript

8. ADO 2.6 problem Can't read BLOB data from Sqlserver 2000 table

9. Data access on AS400 via ADO 2.6

10. Data access on AS400 via ADO 2.6

11. Prompting DSN and opening recordset in ADO (Oracle via ODBC)

12. ADO, Oracle, MTS, using command object to open Recordset