BUG: NT 4.0 Beta 2 + VB 4.0 OLE Servers
Author Message
 BUG: NT 4.0 Beta 2 + VB 4.0 OLE Servers

I think I have found a bug in the above and was wondering if any one
has run across it.

I created the Simple Remote Automation projects as specified in the
Knowledge Base (to make sure it was not something I was doing).  Under
NT 3.51 it works fine.  Under NT 4.0 the client app does not release
the OLE server, even after I have exiited VB.  I can tell this by
clicking the stop button on the server side.  VB reports that another
application is referencing an object within this project.

I found this by using the new Task Manager to watch a couple of Remote
Automation apps I wrote under 3.51.  When the OLE servers are
terminated, the process still shows in Task Manager.  Stepping through
the code in VB reveals little so far.  I can tell that the Terminate
event for the class never gets executed, so something is keeping it
alive.

Any other input would be greatly appreciated.  Feel free to e-mail me
if you need more details.

--
Mark Wagoner

Mon, 07 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB 4.0 16-bit Bug with OLE (Was Re: VB 4.0 Enterprise and OLE)

2. App crashes - access violation - NT 4.0/VB 4.0(32 bit)/OLE Automation

3. VB 4.0 database access quits after installing NT 4.0 Server

4. Converting VB 3.0 projects to VB 4.0 OLE inproc Servers

5. Named Pipes in NT 4.0 w/ VB 4.0

6. -=[ NT 4.0 and VB 4.0 keeps crashing ]=-

7. VB 4.0 and NT 4.0 problems

8. VB 4.0 32-bit & NT 4.0 compatibility

9. VB 4.0 and NT 4.0

10. BUG: VB 4.0 using .Print on an OLE Object

11. Vb 4.0,NT 4.0 and DDE

12. VB 4.0 16 bit application written on Windows 3.11 for Win NT 4.0