direct input vs BCP
Author Message
 direct input vs BCP

Hi folks,

I'm currently doing a data dump from a flat file system and have to input
into MSSQL 7.0.
The information I'm dumping is in the form of XML and since I cannot find a
good way to do a large file dump to SQL from XML (10 to 20 meg)
I'm processing the files into tab delimintated text files for BCP.

My question here is this.which would be faster direct input form VB using
ADO,RDO or ODBC (ie. inserting a row at a time or inserting multiple rows at
a time ) or the process to text file then BCP the whole lot.  How would
direct inputs affect my server vs BCP? And any other information you can
give me on this.

Beverly Treadwell

Wed, 14 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. BCP - Unexpexted EOF encountered in BCP data-file

2. BCP vs DTS and sample SqlBcpxxx code...

3. Input vs Input$

4. Detecting Duplicate Entries On Direct Input

5. Direct Input in VB 5 from Soundblaster live

6. Shell and re-directed input

7. getting a direct input from excel table

8. Direct Input : Action Mapper

9. Direct Input problem

10. direct input error

11. Knowing program input while using Direct Draw 7.

12. Direct Input :: Foot Pedal Axis question