Standard Combo box Bug??
Author Message
 Standard Combo box Bug??

Can anyone help me with this problem?
If you bind a standard combobox to a field in a table via a datactrl
and set the combo style property to "2" dropdown list you will get the
modal message (error) "Text property is read only" whenever you run
it. How do I get rid of the message?
I have about 15 of these combos which I load thru code from a lookup
table, I can't allow the user to change the value, just select it and
then I want to save the chosen value to another table using the
binding thru the data control.
Is this a bug or a WAD? Is there anyway to trap the error out and
continue with the form_load etc.  After you get by the message it
works fine.

Any help much appreciated.
Alex

Tue, 13 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Fat scroll bars on standard combo boxes, list boxes

2. Combo Box - Not In List Event - Standard

3. standard combo box question

4. Adding mousedown to standard combo box

5. codebase for standard controls like combo box etc.

6. MouseMove for standard VB Combo Box?

7. Anyone seen bug in subroutine fill of multiple combo boxes

8. Combo box - bug in the change event?

9. Combo boxes bug in VB 3?

10. The dreaded combo box bug...

11. combo box bug(?) in Vb4.0