dB Manipulation
Author Message
 dB Manipulation

Hi

I'm rather new to VB5 and I am building a Reminder type program which on a
regular basis, gets data items (dates etc) from a dB field (for all rows in
that dB) and then compares the retrieved date with the current system date
.. then carries out an action depending on the result (< today's date, =
today's date, > today's date). I created the dB using VisData Manager.

1. Do I use SQL to retrieve this data from the dB or pure VB statements?
2. How do I know the total number of rows for looping thru the dB?

Thanks in advance.

Sun, 06 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 dB Manipulation
In vb use the Now function to get the date and format the date to a variable.
Then use that date to do the compairison.
----------- Snip Of My Code For Date--------
  Dim PRDb2 As database                'Database
  Dim PRDC2 As Table                   'Table
  Dim FaxDatabase As String
  Dim Tdate As String                  'Date
  Dim Ops_Mgr2 As String               'Ops Manager Name
  Dim FaxbaseNumber As String          'Fax Number
  Dim Vprint As String                 'Determine If We Can Print

  Tdate = Format(Now, "MMMM D, YYYY")
----------------------End Snip----------------------

The format syntax for your date may be in
the form of 04/04/2000 or 04/04/00 of
the one you use, be sure to take that into
consideration.

As far as using SQL and being new to vb,
solve each problem one at a time, and be
sure to check out www.barcharts.com or www.quikstudycharts.com.

They publish a cheat sheet which describes VB's reserve words.

Wed, 09 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need help with DB manipulation...

2. Need help with DB manipulation...

3. ODBC DB Manipulation ?

4. 'Help, How do I excute low level DB Manipulation in VB using DAO.

5. 'Help, How do I excute low level DB Manipulation in VB using DAO.

6. Access DB connection/manipulation problem

7. Crystal Report: DB Path manipulation in VB code

8. Access DB image manipulation using VB

9. Data Access/Manipulation VB <-->Access97 DB

10. Visual Basic App using Foxpro DB vs Access DB vs SQL Server DB

11. Visual Basic App using Foxpro DB vs Access DB vs SQL Server DB

12. Convert Access 97 db to Access 2000 db in VB6