Requery Error Message (ADO)
Author Message
 Requery Error Message (ADO)

Giver this sceanario:

A user retrieves a record.  Then they get distracted
for thirty mintues before decided to change the
record.  Now, the record is thirty minutes old.
Before allowed the change (edit), it seems sensible
to obtain a more recent copy of the record.  Therefore,
I added a call to the cmdRefresh_Click Sub from the
cmdEdit_Click Sub.  The cmdRefresh Sub attempts to do
a Requery -- and produces this error message:

  The operation requested by the application is not
  allowed in this context.

Does anyone know what I should do to Refresh the
Recordset and the controls on the Form?

This is the cmdRefresh Sub:

'--------------------------------------------
Private Sub cmdRefresh_Click()

  'This is only needed for multi user apps
  On Error GoTo RefreshErr

  adoPrimaryRS.Requery

  Exit Sub
RefreshErr:
  MsgBox Err.Description
End Sub
'----------------------------------------------

Wed, 04 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. WIN2000 ADO ERROR -2147467259 With Requery

2. ADO Requery Error

3. Insert into ms Access with ADO gives Error Message

4. Retrieving correct error messages with ado on SQL 2000

5. ADO messages and SQL SERVER 7 errors

6. ADO Application - Error messages and my application lost.

7. Unwanted ADO Error Messages -- Validation

8. Database ADO error message

9. Retrieving error message through ADO

10. error messages on ADO

11. error messages reported by OLE DB /ADO with Access 2000 database at an internet server

12. Access ADO.Errors to view SQL Print messages