Help !! : problem with Crystal Report and Null fields
Author Message
 Help !! : problem with Crystal Report and Null fields

I am trying to perform the following record selectionfomula in Crystal Report
(version 4.5)

db.logicalfield=true or db.textfield='T'

this query goes wrong if the textfield is empty  (contains a Null character)
A record is completely ignored if the text field is empty even if the
logicalfield is true.  I am using a foxpro 2.6 database.

What is the problem here, why does the recordselection fail if there is a null
field involved ?  This problem makes Crystal Reports a unliable reporting tool.
I hope that anyone can help me, because this is a big problem for me.

Tue, 20 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help !! : problem with Crystal Report and Null fields

In your reports setup, under the File menu of crystal reports, you have
to specify that you want to include null values...a pain in the ass, i
know, but that's the way it is...

Quote:

>I am trying to perform the following record selectionfomula in Crystal
Report
>(version 4.5)

>db.logicalfield=true or db.textfield='T'

>this query goes wrong if the textfield is empty  (contains a Null
character)
>A record is completely ignored if the text field is empty even if the
>logicalfield is true.  I am using a foxpro 2.6 database.

>What is the problem here, why does the recordselection fail if there is
a null
>field involved ?  This problem makes Crystal Reports a unliable
reporting tool.
>I hope that anyone can help me, because this is a big problem for me.

Wed, 21 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Crystal Reports 8.5 date range parameter field - record selection that includes null date range

2. Problem with Empty or Null fields in a Table on a Report

3. Problem: Total fields in Crystal Reports

4. problem w/ memo fields in crystal reports

5. Memo-field problem in Crystal Report...

6. Problem, bring in Time field in the Crystal Report

7. Problem w/Access '97 and Crystal Reports Formatting Time Fields

8. Problem, inserting Time Database Field in Crystal Reports

9. Problem, inserting a time database field in crystal reports

10. Crystal Report 4.6 Date Field Problem (Default to 12/30/99)

11. HELP: Crystal Report - truncating fields

12. HELP: Crystal Report - truncating fields