Data1.Recordset.anything generates error
Author Message
 Data1.Recordset.anything generates error

newbie here...with Visual Basic 5, on Windows 2000, with an Access 2000
(saved to "Prior version") database/table.

I can do something simple like:

Data1.DatabaseName = "MASTER.MDB"
Data1.RecordSource = "Headqtr"
Data1.Refresh

....and the form will bump through the records in the table and display
values...but back in the code if I try to do anything starting with
Data1.Recordset.xxxxxx     xxxx being Fields, or Bookmark, or Refresh,
etc....I get the following error message:

"Compile error:  Function or interface marked as restricted, or the function
uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic"

Is there a library/component I need to add in????

Thanks!
Jay Pennington

Sun, 26 Sep 2004 22:52:02 GMT

1. Data1.Recordset.anything generates error

2. Data1.UpdateRecord vs. Data1.Recordset.Update

3. Error -8261 on second Data1.RecordSet.AddNew

4. Data1 recordset errors

5. Data1.Recordset.AddNew Error

6. Urgent: how to generate events based on anything

7. VB 4.0 Data Control Recordset property generates a Type Mismatch error with DAO 3.5

8. Edit recordset generates annoying VB error message

9. Retreiving recordset through ADO from a SQL-server database generates timeout errors

10. <click> Data1.Recordset.Bookmark = DBCombo1.SelectedItem

11. Feature not available!! - Data1.Recordset.Delete

12. editfrm.data1.recordset.findfirst criteria