VB6 does not Open Access 2000 database?
Author Message
 VB6 does not Open Access 2000 database?

Hi
Can anyone tell me if a VB6 project can open an Access 2000 format
database. It worked fine until I upgraded to Office 2000 and updated
the format of my database.

Your help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Johan

Thu, 07 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6 does not Open Access 2000 database?

Quote:
> Can anyone tell me if a VB6 project can open an Access 2000 format
> database. It worked fine until I upgraded to Office 2000 and updated
> the format of my database.

It can't if you use the data access objects. If you code all data acces
yourself, it can be done if  you select Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library
under Project References.
--
Bj?rn Jeberg

Thu, 07 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6 does not Open Access 2000 database?
See this MSDN article which provides a workaround to ACC2000 and DAO:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/devprods/vs6/vbasic/vbcon98/vbconin...
tactrlandaccess2000.htm

--
Kris
spamblocked: change "dot" to period to reply

Quote:

>Hi
>Can anyone tell me if a VB6 project can open an Access 2000 format
>database. It worked fine until I upgraded to Office 2000 and updated
>the format of my database.

>Your help will be very much appreciated.

>Thanks
>Johan

Fri, 08 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. 242010 - FIX: The Data Form Wizard May Not Open an Access 2000 Database

2. VB6 not compatable with Access 2000 databases

3. VB6 does not understand access 2000/XP database

4. VB6 not compatable with Access 2000 databases?

5. Access 2000 database in VB6 - no write access

6. Opening Access 2000 MDF's in VB6

7. Opening Access 2000 MDF's in VB6

8. open Access 2000 form only in VB6

9. Still can't open access 2000 in VB6 SP4

10. need help opening a two field index with VB6 using access 2000

11. Opening Access 2000 MDF's in VB6

12. Open MDB (Access 2000) With VB6