Accessing .ini file in connect string
Author Message
 Accessing .ini file in connect string

I have a program that attaches several access databases all on the same
computer but in different directories.  Everything worked until I
plugged in the .ini file stuff. For example, first I had
ProductsTable.Connect=";Database=c:\windows\whatever.products.mdb" but
when I changed it to ";Database=ProductsDBpath", which is set to equal
the .ini setting of ProductsDBpathkey in another function, it basically
says it can't find it. I know this .ini setting itself works because I
opened it in a text box a few lines up from the connect string and when
I created and opened some of the other databases they worked fine too.
Can someone give me tips on how to manage the connect string when the
info comes from an .ini file?

Thanks in advance

* Sent from RemarQ http://www.*-*-*.com/ The Internet's Discussion Network *

Sat, 02 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing .ini file in connect string
Found a simple mistake, please ignore.

Sun, 03 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. how to connect to ini file using vb.net

2. Newbie seeks help with strings and ini files

3. Reading strings from INI files in VB5

4. Help with .ini file - retreiving strings from...

5. reading INI file/exporting string data

6. Reading INI files with weird strings

7. Reading strings from an INI file, with VB3

8. delete profile string in ini file

9. Help: Get all strings in a section in .INI file

10. Can't change Connect string for Linked Access Tables

11. ODBC Connect string for MS Access 97 Database

12. Jet connection string for connecting to a Microsoft Access 2.0 database