Fetching binary data
Author Message
 Fetching binary data

I am using VB5 and SQL Server 6.5. Using ODBC API calls I need to get a
column from the database. The column is specified as an 'image' type in
the database, and I believe that corresponds to the SQL_LONGVARBINARY
data type. I am binding the column with this statement:

rc = SQLBindCol(hstmt, 1, SQL_C_BINARY, sNewBuffer, 300, SQL_NO_TOTAL)

It is my understanding that the binary data should then be stored in the
string sNewBuffer. Is that correct? When I perform the SQLFetch call
though VB crashes trying to access memory it is not allowed to. Has
anyone ever pulled binary data or image data like this? Any help is
greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Patrick Bacon

Sat, 11 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Binary Data in SQL 2000/Conver to Bitmap Data For Data Grid View

2. How to fetch data directly from an attachment?

3. fetching data using a grid vertical scroll bar

4. Q: Fetching Data (Advanced)

5. Q: Fetching Data (Advanced)

6. In Crystal 6.0 Cannnot fetch data from Number fields in Oracle 7.3

7. Problem in fetching data from SQL views in crystal reports

8. query about data fetching technique

9. Asynchronous Data Fetches

10. Programming a Function Key to Fetch Data From a Previous Record

11. How to Fetch data Asysnc ?

12. convert binary data to string data