3197 dao error
Author Message
 3197 dao error

I am using vb4 32 , Dao, and Access and Pesimistic level locking.  I am
trying to get the 3197 error in testing when I execute an Edit.
For example: two users open the app, they both move to the same record
and are viewing the information.  User 1 hits Edit (rs.edit) modifies
the text boxes and Saves (copyfields and Rs.Update).  After this, User 2
hits Edit. This is where I am expecting the error, but it lets me edit
and save over user 1's information. How can I get this to give me an
error on the edit with pesimistic locking.
Thanks in advance.

Sat, 22 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 3197 dao error

With pessimistic locking, the record is locked UNTIL it gets updated. Since
you already update the record before you issue a second edit, the 1st lock
will already be released and not causing any error. Try do a second edit,
before the 1st update. You can also raise the error in code by Err.Raise
3197

Regards,
Kenneth.

Quote:

>I am using vb4 32 , Dao, and Access and Pesimistic level locking.  I am
>trying to get the 3197 error in testing when I execute an Edit.
>For example: two users open the app, they both move to the same record
>and are viewing the information.  User 1 hits Edit (rs.edit) modifies
>the text boxes and Saves (copyfields and Rs.Update).  After this, User 2
>hits Edit. This is where I am expecting the error, but it lets me edit
>and save over user 1's information. How can I get this to give me an
>error on the edit with pesimistic locking.
>Thanks in advance.

Sun, 23 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help. DAO 3197 error with single user

2. MS DAO Error Message 3197

3. Error 3197 with DAO and Access

4. Error 3197

5. Error 3197?

6. Run-Time Error 3197 - please help its driving me insane

7. Puzzling Error - 3197 - Jet Stopped Process?

8. error using recordset.edit method (3197)

9. recordset.edit method won't work (error 3197)

10. Error - 3197 - Please help

11. 3197 Error Updating an ODBC Datasource

12. Error 3197 on a stand_alone pc