ADO Put a space between 2 fields concatenated together in .ListField property
Author Message
 ADO Put a space between 2 fields concatenated together in .ListField property

Can anyone tell me how to add a space between 2 fields concatenated to form
the .Listfield property of my ADO DataList Control????  I already have the 2
fields concatenated in my SQL statement as one field name:

strSQL = "SELECT Field1, Field2 & Field3 AS Field4 FROM tblTable..........

dblDataList.ListField = Field4

The concatenation works just fine.  It's just that Field2 & Field3 are right
next to each other in the  DataList and I would like a space between them.

Thanks

Tue, 10 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO Put a space between 2 fields concatenated together in .ListField property
Try This
strSQL = "SELECT Field1, Field2 & ' ' &  Field3 AS Field4 FROM
tblTable..........

or strSQL = "SELECT Field1, Field2 + '  ' +  Field3 AS Field4
FROM tblTable..........

Max

Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

Tue, 10 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO Put a space between 2 fields concatenated together in .ListField property
Try

--
John Blessing
http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - home of the free helpdesk

Quote:
> Can anyone tell me how to add a space between 2 fields

concatenated to form
Quote:
> the .Listfield property of my ADO DataList Control????  I
already have the 2
> fields concatenated in my SQL statement as one field name:

> strSQL = "SELECT Field1, Field2 & Field3 AS Field4 FROM
tblTable..........

> dblDataList.ListField = Field4

> The concatenation works just fine.  It's just that Field2
& Field3 are right
> next to each other in the  DataList and I would like a
space between them.

> Thanks

Thu, 12 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Putting a space between state and zip in a field

2. concatenate ADO fields from array

3. concatenate three Word files together

4. Concatenating Files together

5. Space Space Space Space Space Space Space

6. Space Space Space Space Space Space Space

7. Space Space Space Space Space Space Space

8. DBList Control - ListField Property

9. Having trouble accessing single field key with two concatenated fields

10. Concatenating a Text Field and a Number Field

11. Putting bookmark text in document properties field

12. Space in Field Name,SQL 6.5 ADO