I need to index dbase files in vb4 pro
Author Message
 I need to index dbase files in vb4 pro

I to index dbase files in vb4 can you help ???
Here i live is very dificul toget same book's or any ander way of help .

--

Mon, 06 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 I need to index dbase files in vb4 pro

Hallo Babylon,

in Deiner Mehl meintest Du:

Quote:
> I to index dbase files in vb4 can you help ???
> Here i live is very dificul toget same book's or any ander way of help .

> --

I use SQL-statements to create an index for dBase IV files.
The following code creates an index named "index1" on "C:\DBF_PATH\Customers.dbf"
for the field "name" :

Dim DBF as Database

Set DBF = OpenDatabase("C:\DBF_PATH", True, False, "dBASE IV")
DBF.Execute "create index index1 on customers (name)"
DBF.Close

HTH
heinz

Heinz Wieczorek   74226 Nordheim   Germany

Out-of-coffee-error at 2 am. System halted.

Mon, 06 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 I need to index dbase files in vb4 pro

If you use the tabledefs collection, you can add a collections called
indexes and define and create the index that way.
--
Tony Greening

Quote:
> I to index dbase files in vb4 can you help ???
> Here i live is very dificul toget same book's or any ander way of help .

> --

Tue, 07 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB4.0 16-bit using dBase III Indexes

2. dBase III Index and VB4

3. indexes in dBase 3 files?

4. Indexing a DBASE file

5. dBASE Index files .MDX usage in VB

6. dBASE III/IV & FoxPro Index files

7. Use index with dBase files

8. Crystal Reports, dBase Files and Indexes

9. Using dBase files with MDX-indexes in Crystal reports

10. using DBASE-files with MDX-indexes in Crystal reports

11. Dbase index files

12. Index on Dbase file