ACCESS Sorting question...
Author Message
 ACCESS Sorting question...

Hi,
Im using VB3 Professional and acceess 1.1 .mdb databases, I have a problem
with sorting:
Default machine language: Icelandic
Regional settings: Icelandic

Problem:
Access sorts these accented letters (cp 861)
e y t ? ? with similar un-accented a-z letters
like this:
abcdeefghijklmno?pqrstuvwxyyzt?
but this is wrong.. cause this sequence fouls up the computer:

Anna
rni
Andres

and

Opal
?rn
skar
Omelette
mar

the sorting should be STRICT like THIS:

abcdeefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyyzt??
ABCDDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYYZT??

can anyone suggest a suitable fix for this?

file unusable for Win 3.11 settings)

Thanks,
Icecube
Iceland

Sun, 04 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ACCESS Sorting question...
I would try to set the code to sort through the ASCII character sets. This
may cure the sort problem.
I think that moving the data to access 2.0 might also cure the sort and
could still be run on win 3.1

Quote:
> Hi,
> Im using VB3 Professional and acceess 1.1 .mdb databases, I have a
problem
> with sorting:
> Default machine language: Icelandic
> Regional settings: Icelandic

> Problem:
> Access sorts these accented letters (cp 861)
> e y t ? ? with similar un-accented a-z letters
> like this:
> abcdeefghijklmno?pqrstuvwxyyzt?
> but this is wrong.. cause this sequence fouls up the computer:

> Anna
> rni
> Andres

> and

> Opal
> ?rn
> skar
> Omelette
> mar

> the sorting should be STRICT like THIS:

> abcdeefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyyzt??
> ABCDDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYYZT??

> can anyone suggest a suitable fix for this?

renders
> file unusable for Win 3.11 settings)

> Thanks,
> Icecube
> Iceland

Tue, 06 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB/Access Question about sorting

2. Sort order - Edit Filter Sort or Quick Sort

3. Sorting an Access table to improve access from SQL (despite the use of an index)

4. Sort question on two fields

5. grouping and sort order question

6. Excel sort question.

7. VBA/Excel questions; Sorting and Printer Selection

8. Outlook Group/Sort Question.

9. Sort a Combo/ListBox and Other Questions

10. Yet another listview sort by column question.

11. Collection sorting question

12. question on arrylist sorting. ^_^