visual dbase VS visual basic
Author Message
 visual dbase VS visual basic

visual dbase VS Visual Basic

I am a dbase programmer who has Visual dbase and have tried over the
past year to get the hang of OOP and V dbase only to be disappointed
due to the lack of user friendliness of Vdbase, various quirks, etc.

I tried MS Access and thought that was much harder than Visual
Dbase...

I am wondering maybe I should switch and try learning visual Basic

Is there anyone familiar with both and can give me some good counsel?

thanks!

Mon, 05 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 visual dbase VS visual basic

: visual dbase VS visual basic

: I am a dbase programmer who has Visual dbase and have tried over the

        this is the truth of the matter, as it comes from some
guy up on the mountain at the present time:

        I.  Visual Basic is easy as hell.  it has the most
                generous learning curve plus the largest
                documentation base of any programming language,
                ever.
        II.  That said, if you can't learn Visual Basic
                given the amount of info out there, you
                dont deserve to be in this business (I am
                not accusing you specifically, of course.. im
                just saying "if")
        III. By virtue of being an MS product, Virtual Dbase
                may or may not have a future.
        IV.  By virtue of being Visual Basic, it is clear that
                VB does has a future, and in fact is a key
                component of microsoft's long term strategy.
        V.   That said, you cant go wrong by learning vb,
                be it your primary skill or not.

: I am wondering maybe I should switch and try learning visual Basic

        V.  If by switch you mean that you are a one-trick pony,
                then you are in the wrong business.  learn both.

a good programmer is always learning.

- adrian

Tue, 06 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 visual dbase VS visual basic

Visual Basic is the best.  You should learn it.  VB comes as close to
"easy" as it gets in a visual windows environment.  You can write
applications fast (in my experience, no matter what users say up
front, they want their programs now), and VB/Ms Access together is
very hot on the job market.

Access is ok for programming, but it is easier (at least for me) to
program in VB and use Access for a debugging tool.

That said, windows programming is hard and frustrating.  For
everybody.  Dealing with programming in windows is just that way.  You
just have to bite the bullet and learn how to do it, experimenting and
reading to get around the rough spots.

good luck, Kathy

Quote:

>visual dbase VS visual basic

>I am a dbase programmer who has Visual dbase and have tried over the
>past year to get the hang of OOP and V dbase only to be disappointed
>due to the lack of user friendliness of Vdbase, various quirks, etc.

>I tried MS Access and thought that was much harder than Visual
>Dbase...

>I am wondering maybe I should switch and try learning visual Basic

>Is there anyone familiar with both and can give me some good counsel?

>thanks!

Wed, 21 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual Dbase Vs Visual Basic

2. visual dbase VS visual basic

3. Visual Basic 6.0 vs. Visual Dbase 7.01

4. Visual dBase vs. Visual Basic

5. Visual Basic 5 vs. Visual Basic 6

6. Visual Basic 3.0 vs Visual Basic 4.0

7. Visual Basic 5.0 vs. Visual Basic 4.0

8. Visual Basic ver5 vs Visual Basic ver6

9. Visual Studio.NET vs Visual Basic.NET

10. Visual C++ vs Visual Basic

11. visual basic vs. visual c++ which is better

12. Visual Basic Vs. Visual C++