Return value from Oracle stored procedure with VB5?
Author Message
 Return value from Oracle stored procedure with VB5?

I'm used to just using EXECUTE from VB to perform an action query
or retrieveing data into a recordset using a SQL query. I've
created a stored procedure in Oracle that returns a value and
can't seem to call it properly from VB5.

To call a stored procedure that doesn't return a value I'd use:

dbTemp.Execute "{CALL ADM0001.UPDATE_DDR_DOC_HEADER ('A2194800')}",
dbSQLPassThrough

How can I call a stored procedure that returns a value? TIA.

 - Dave

Sun, 03 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Return value from Oracle stored procedure with VB5?

Quote:
>>dbtemp.openrecordset("CALL ADM0001.UPDATE_DDR_DOC_HEADER
>>('A2194800')}",dbsqlpassthrough)

>>I have no trouble with this procedure against our Sybase RDBMS.<<

Tried this. Doesn't seem to work...generates a 3146 ODBC error.
Don't know why Oracle doesn't seem to like it. Antone else have
any ideas?

 - Dave

-------------------------

Quote:
> I'm used to just using EXECUTE from VB to perform an action query
> or retrieveing data into a recordset using a SQL query. I've
> created a stored procedure in Oracle that returns a value and
> can't seem to call it properly from VB5.

> To call a stored procedure that doesn't return a value I'd use:

> dbTemp.Execute "{CALL ADM0001.UPDATE_DDR_DOC_HEADER ('A2194800')}",
> dbSQLPassThrough

> How can I call a stored procedure that returns a value? TIA.

Mon, 04 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. retrieving return value from oracle stored procedure

2. Returning a Value from an Oracle Stored Procedure

3. retrieving return value from oracle stored procedure

4. Oracle Stored Procedure return value

5. Return value and Output values from Stored Procedure

6. Return recordset from Oracle Stored Procedure to VB.

7. Returning resultsets from Oracle stored procedures via ADO?

8. RETURNING RESULTS FROM ORACLE STORED PROCEDURES WITH MSODBC DRIVER

9. Can Oracle Stored Procedure Return Multiple Rows?

10. Returning Recordset With Oracle Stored Procedure?

11. Using oracle stored procedures/functions to return result sets

12. Multiple REFCURSOR returned from Oracle Stored Procedure.