How do I print existing wordprocessing documents w/o the source program
Author Message
 How do I print existing wordprocessing documents w/o the source program

I am using Visual Basic 3.0 professional version

I am trying to create an application which will print out pre-prepared forms.
I have investigate the VB print form and printer object  capabilities but
these don't do quite what I want.  As I understand it, these will only print
text generated from *within* VB.  I have considered reading the text in from
an exising text file, but I don't think that I will be able to read *enhanced*
text (italics, underlined text, etc.).  As far as  I know, I would only be
able top input flat ascii files without such formating.

I figured that there has to be some (simple?) way just print an exising
.doc/.wp5, or even a postscript file.  The closest thing I could find was in
the VB knowledge base.  This was for using a DLE to Word 6.0.  In this case
Word would do the actual printing, is my understanding.  Since I the intended
user doesn't have Word 6.0, this isn't a viable option.

Any ideas?
I have been pounding my head against this for a few days, and dozens of hours.
*Any* suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Tue, 14 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printing an existing open document??

2. Create New Document and Copy Table from Existing Document

3. Source Print (Blows Code Print Pro and Pretty Print out of the water)

4. Source Print (Blows Code Print Pro and Pretty Print out of the water)

5. Source Print (Blows Code Print Pro and Pretty Print out of the water)

6. ADO- resizing existing fields (cannot be done in Visdata)

7. VBA code to print all icon-inserted documents within a document

8. Print a word document built from multiple sub documents using the RD tag

9. Help. Reading/displaying/printing Word Documents/RTF documents

10. QUESTION:Is there a wordprocessing VBX

11. Foreign Wordprocessing in VB?

12. Wordprocessing Control