Winsock Problems
Author Message
 Winsock Problems

I have a program that uses Winsock to send emails. Sending a single email
works fine. I have added a listbox that contains 5 email address. The
addresses are selected using a For-Next loop. As each address is selected, a
message is created and then the email is sent. The problem is that, even tho
the program tells me that 5 emails have been sent, the only one that
actually gets sent is to the last email address in the listbox. Can anyone
help with this problem?

Regards

Jason

Sat, 09 Jul 2005 11:55:10 GMT
 Winsock Problems
Jason,

Could you post the code containing the for-next loop and declaration of
relevant variables?  That would make it a lot easier to help you.

        Rob.

Quote:
> I have a program that uses Winsock to send emails. Sending a single email
> works fine. I have added a listbox that contains 5 email address. The
> addresses are selected using a For-Next loop. As each address is selected,
> message is created and then the email is sent. The problem is that, even
tho
> the program tells me that 5 emails have been sent, the only one that
> actually gets sent is to the last email address in the listbox. Can anyone
> help with this problem?

> Regards

> Jason

Sat, 09 Jul 2005 20:11:59 GMT
 Winsock Problems

Quote:

>I have a program that uses Winsock to send emails. Sending a single email
>works fine. I have added a listbox that contains 5 email address. The
>addresses are selected using a For-Next loop. As each address is selected, a
>message is created and then the email is sent. The problem is that, even tho
>the program tells me that 5 emails have been sent, the only one that
>actually gets sent is to the last email address in the listbox. Can anyone
>help with this problem?

>Regards

>Jason

Instead of winsock, how about the free SMTP control from www.ostrosoft.com?

It works, and they provide sample code.  I had a mailing list running in a
matter of hours.

VB3 source code: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/vbsource.html
VB6 source code: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/vb6source.html
VB6 - MySQL how to: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/mysql.html
Fix the obvious to reply by email.

Sun, 10 Jul 2005 09:11:39 GMT

1. winsock problem sending large strings (winsock.senddata)

2. Winsock Problem

3. .NET Socket vs VB6 Winsock problem!

4. winsock problems

5. Simple WINSOCK Problem