VB 3.0 and Paradox 4.0 tables?
Author Message
 VB 3.0 and Paradox 4.0 tables?

I'm using VB 3.0 and Paradox 4.0 format database tables. Paradox tables
are opened as table objects and everything works fine, selecting
records and so on, except when I try to delete records from tables
whose recordcount is more than say 1000.
When I run commands like: Database.Execute "Delete from table1",
and table1 has 8000 records the hard disk starts working but nothing
else happens. I've been waiting for several minutes before I boot my
computer.

Because the same delete-command works OK when table has fewer records,
I thought I maybe miss some environmental definitions or something like
that.

The tables and Primary indexes are okay, I'm checked them with Tutility.
Database driver is pdx200.dll which I got from Microsoft box from Stockholm.
So, have anyone else had the samekind of problems?

Tue, 30 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 3.0 and Paradox 4.0 tables?

Tue, 30 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 3.0 and Paradox 4.0 tables?
[ Article crossposted from comp.lang.basic.visual.misc ]
[ Author was  ]
[ Posted on 14 Jul 1995 22:45:46 GMT ]

I'm using VB 3.0 and Paradox 4.0 format database tables. Paradox tables
are opened as table objects and everything works fine, selecting
records and so on, except when I try to delete records from tables
whose recordcount is more than say 1000.
When I run commands like: Database.Execute "Delete from table1",
and table1 has 8000 records the hard disk starts working but nothing
else happens. I've been waiting for several minutes before I boot my
computer.

Because the same delete-command works OK when table has fewer records,
I thought I maybe miss some environmental definitions or something like
that.

The tables and Primary indexes are okay, I'm checked them with Tutility.
Database driver is pdx200.dll which I got from Microsoft box from Stockholm.
So, have anyone else had the samekind of problems?

Fri, 02 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

Quote:

>The tables and Primary indexes are okay, I'm checked them with Tutility.
>Database driver is pdx200.dll which I got from Microsoft box from Stockholm.
>So, have anyone else had the samekind of problems?

Set your default buffer size  to more than 32K...

Wed, 07 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB 3.0 and Paradox 4.0 tables?

2. Can't access Paradox 5.0 table from VB 3.0

3. Large Paradox Tables and VB 3.0 PE

4. Accessing Paradox 4 table in VB 4.0 16 bit

5. Accessing Paradox 4.x tables with VB 4.0

6. Crystal Reports 4.6, Jet 4.0, and Paradox tables?

7. Reading VFP 3.0 Tables with VB 3.0 ??

8. Anybody using Paradox 4.5 with VB 3.0?

9. VB 3.0 Pro and Paradox

10. Paradox 4.5 for DOS and VB 3.0

11. Case sensitive searches and VB 3.0 and Paradox 4.5

12. Paradox 4.5 and VB Pro 3.0