VB > MS Access 2.0 > ODBC > Help....
Author Message
 VB > MS Access 2.0 > ODBC > Help....

Well, it seems as if I have solved my own problem...

Records WILL dissappear in a multi-user VB app, based
on Access v.1.1 format databases if....

        You are using the following settings..
                - 32-bit Disk Access.
                - 32-bit File Access.
                - Permanent SwapFile.
                - or/including SmartDrive.

3 weeks, ago, I turned off these features, on all
workstations, because I suspected the problems were
occurring with these features...

There were no "dissappearing records" for 3 weeks,
I hoped that "the anomoly" was gone...

Then yesterday I was working on the "peer server"
machine, and thought, hmm, this is slow... So I
re-enabled the above features... Later that day...
A record WAS lost....  (In the software, there is
absolutely NO way for users to delete records,
updates can be manually done, but more often than
not are automatically done before moving the record
pointer, or searching for another record....)

Well I hope this solves it...

ttyl
Jason

Sat, 27 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 VB > MS Access 2.0 > ODBC > Help....

: Well, it seems as if I have solved my own problem...

: Records WILL dissappear in a multi-user VB app, based
: on Access v.1.1 format databases if....

:       You are using the following settings..
:               - 32-bit Disk Access.
:               - 32-bit File Access.
:               - Permanent SwapFile.
:               - or/including SmartDrive.

Careful,

You have probably fixed the problem, however it is unlikely that it was
caused by VB or Access.  Odds are the 32-bit Disk Access driver  (WD
something or other) is faulty.  Try and obtain updated drivers from your
HD controllers manufacturer(s).

Steve Burr

Tue, 30 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 VB > MS Access 2.0 > ODBC > Help....

Quote:

> Careful,

> You have probably fixed the problem, however it is unlikely that it was
> caused by VB or Access.  Odds are the 32-bit Disk Access driver  (WD
> something or other) is faulty.  Try and obtain updated drivers from your
> HD controllers manufacturer(s).

Actually, so it seems.  I did not think it was Access/VB/My code to
begin with...  I have tried turning SmartDrive on, and using the
/X to disable write caching.  This seems to work, and speeds up the
systems.  I have had nothing but trouble with 32-bit disk/file access
in systems....

Quote:
> Steve Burr

ttyl
Jason

Tue, 30 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. PSUDOCODE HELP >>>>>>>>>>>

2. <<<<<<<<ComboBox>>>>>>>>>>>>

4. VB30 <-<ODBC>-> Access 2.0

5. >>>>>>While Not rst.EOF

6. Pass Data VB>SQL>ODBC>Oracle Database

7. >>>>> Serial Communications

8. VB5 >>>>> Academic Version

9. Please Help --------->>>>AppLink Problem

10. !!! URGENT HELP REQUIRED !!!>>>>>>>>

11. <<<<HELP- OLE container Control>>>>>>>>>

12. >>>> HELP WITH RUNTIME FILES