HELP- READING DBASE II FILES INTO VISUAL BASIC
Author Message
 HELP- READING DBASE II FILES INTO VISUAL BASIC

I have a large number of dbaseiii files that i want to use in my visual
basic applications. For example suppose i had a dbf file called mcwefile
dbf  with four fileds examname 50 characters;- examid 6 characters;
nq 2 characters and correctans 50 characters.
 for a record length of 108  and that i had two records for a
total file length of 216

GIVE THESE DBF NAMES "CORRECTANS-EXAMNAME-NQ AND EXAMID" AND THE NAME
OF THE FILE- "MCWEFILE.dbf"

how can i read then  store this data in an vb array
for processing .?

i have used the opendatabase format but i get an incorrect number of
records calculated and consequently garbage data- although there are
no system errors. It seems like i am incorrectly defining the names of
the dbf fields. i am using the format MCWEFILE.xxxxxxx

has anyone had to address this problem? - it should be straingtforward
, but somehow i am missing something

Mon, 27 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP- READING DBASE II FILES INTO VISUAL BASIC

Quote:

>I have a large number of dbaseiii files that i want to use in my visual
>basic applications. For example suppose i had a dbf file called mcwefile
>dbf  with four fileds examname 50 characters;- examid 6 characters;
>nq 2 characters and correctans 50 characters.
> for a record length of 108  and that i had two records for a
>total file length of 216
>how can i read then  store this data in an vb array
>for processing .?

I'm going to get slammed for this.  But you could bypass Access and
ODBC and read the files directly.  If you are interested I will post
the header and field structures for Dbase III and III+ files.

Tue, 28 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. I can't read dBase III file in Visual Basic

2. part II of need help reading writing text file

3. HELP : read C-ISAM files (.dat) with Visual Basic

4. DBASE III- having problems reading dBASE files to VB

5. Help:(Immediate) Reading Pdf (acrobat reader) files from Visual Basic

6. HELP : read C-ISAM files (.dat) with Visual Basic

7. Accessing Borland dBase files via VISUAL BASIC

8. Accessing Borland dBase files via Visual Basic

9. Visual Basic Accessing Dbase files/records

10. reindex and pack procedures for using dbase files in Visual Basic

11. Visual Basic 6.0 vs. Visual Dbase 7.01

12. Visual Dbase Vs Visual Basic