dataupdatable attribute
Author Message
 dataupdatable attribute

I am trying to make one field in my database not updateable.
So they can go back and edit the other fields but not the "id"
field.  Once the record is saved, that's it.

I am using data1.Recordset.Fields("id").DataUpdatable = False

1.  Where do I put this line?

2.  My error message says this is a function so I need a variant
to the left side.  I put this:

dummy = datroster.Recordset.Fields("id").DataUpdatable = False

That does not make sense, but VB accepted the syntax.  But it also
does not work.  :-(

Should I be doing something with the dbUpdatableField instead?

Thanks very much.

Fri, 29 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. dataupdatable attribute

2. dataupdatable attribute

3. Dataupdatable returns incorrect value

4. DataUpdatable always true

5. DataUpdatable

6. HELP! VB4: Datamanager Dataupdatable will not set

7. DataUpdatable is always true

8. DataUpdatable Property

9. How to get value of the object's attribute ,the object's attribute is specified by a string variable ?

10. How to get value of the object's attribute ,the object's attribute is specified by a string variable ?

11. Retrieving file attributes in code?

12. File Attributes