Rich Text
Author Message
 Rich Text

I am using a few rich text boxes in my app.  How can I let the user use the
cut/copy/paste commands?  If they were regular text boxes, you would be able
to right click on the selected text, but not with a rich text box.  Any help
is appreciated.

Eric

Sat, 03 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Rich Text

Eric Sabine heeft geschreven in bericht

Quote:
>I am using a few rich text boxes in my app.  How can I let the user use the
>cut/copy/paste commands?  If they were regular text boxes, you would be
able
>to right click on the selected text, but not with a rich text box.  Any
help
>is appreciated.

>Eric

You can right click the rich text box and get a menu. You should set the
autoverb property to true.

Bas.

Sat, 03 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Rich Text

Quote:

>I am using a few rich text boxes in my app.  How can I let the user use the
>cut/copy/paste commands?  If they were regular text boxes, you would be able
>to right click on the selected text, but not with a rich text box.  Any help
>is appreciated.

You can give the user full clipboard capabilities in code, selectable from a
regular menu or with the standard shortcut keys (Ctrl+X, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V),
using the Clipboard.SetText and Clipboard.GetText methods.  They are
reasonably easy to use.  Look them up in HELP.

Lee Weiner
weiner AT fuse DOT net

Mon, 05 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Rich Text
thanks, that worked
Quote:

>Eric Sabine heeft geschreven in bericht

>>I am using a few rich text boxes in my app.  How can I let the user use
the
>>cut/copy/paste commands?  If they were regular text boxes, you would be
>able
>>to right click on the selected text, but not with a rich text box.  Any
>help
>>is appreciated.

>>Eric

>You can right click the rich text box and get a menu. You should set the
>autoverb property to true.

>Bas.

Mon, 05 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Becoming rich with a rich text box

2. Rich Text Box: Can I remove text and keep multicolored text

3. Adding to Rich Text in Rich Textbox

4. A less rich Rich Text Field?

5. Creating e-mail is always Rich Text NOT Plain Text

6. Formatted text from rich text box to Word

7. Mapping plain text to rich text?

8. Wrapping text around a bmp image in the rich text editor

9. Put text inside a circle in a Rich Text Box

10. Colour Text Box/Class Wrapper for Rich Text Box

11. Some [hopefully] easy questions - text and rich text boxes

12. Rich Text Box: Coloring portions of the text