Problem with ODBC/VB6 read-only error (newbie)
Author Message
 Problem with ODBC/VB6 read-only error (newbie)

Hi all,

I am trying to use an ODBC datasource the following way:

Set wrkODBC = CreateWorkspace("ODBCWorkspace", UserName, Password,
dbUseODBC)
Set conData = wrkODBC.OpenDatabase("", False, False, "ODBC;UID=" +
UserName + ";PWD=" _
                                                      + Password +
";DSN=" + DSN)
Set CompanyRS = conData.OpenRecordset(SQLFields + SQLTables + SQLEval,
dbOpenDynamic)

When i do an CompanyRS.Addnew I get "can't update, object or databse
read only !"
What am i doing wrong ?

Regards,
Maarten

Sat, 13 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem with ODBC/VB6 read-only error (newbie)

2. Newbie - VB6.0 with ADO2.5 accessing an ACCESS db using ODBC

3. Error 3131 Syntax error in FROM clause - using SQL accessing external ODBC problem

4. Error 3131 Syntax error in FROM clause - using SQL accessing external ODBC problem

5. ODBC Wrong number of parameters error - Newbie help please

6. Read-only error to ODBC database

7. HELP : ODBC's physical-order read error message

8. Very newbie problem with Object Error (Error 424)

9. ODBC Data - Read Only Error

10. Newbie problem with ODBC

11. newbie problem, ODBC

12. ODBC and DAO Read Only problem