data report / data environment designers
Author Message
 data report / data environment designers

Hello:

I find the data report / data environment designers to be a bit
cumbersome.

I am Using an Access 2000 database, VB6 Pro, and ADO for data access.

I have created a parameterized query in my DB, that creates a
parent/child table. I want to base a data report on that query.

I put that query into my Data Environment, and after much
{*filter*}ing-around, I finally
got it working.

It seems that to be able to put fields into on of my Group bands, that I
must GROUP my
query on ALL THE FIELDS that I want to include in my group band, not
just the ONE or TWO fields
that I am grouping on. To make things worse, if I want to put a memo
field in the group band,
the data environment does not permit memo fields in grouping info!!!
ack! (I know, putting memos
into fixed-length bands is bad)

This seems so convoluted.

This is making me want to buy a pro copy of Crystal and use that instead
of the Data Report designer,
or the watered down ver of Crystal that comes with Visual Studio.

I appreciate all comments and suggestions.

Sincerely,
Darryl Minsky

Note anti spam in email - pls use: ( dmm at chalktv dot com )

Sun, 23 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. data report / data environment designers

2. Data Report Designer and Data Environment Problem

3. Data Report Designer and Data Environment

4. Data Report designer and Data Control

5. Data Designer and a Report Designer.

6. Data Environment / Data Report Problem

7. Showing parameters pass to data environment in data report header

8. Help! Data Report without Data Environment

9. Data Environment / Data Report / Changing database file at run time

10. VB6 Data Environment & Data Report

11. Problem with Data Environment and Data Report

12. help - data environment and data reports