VB6.0 Wizard generated master/detail forms give huge problems
Author Message
 VB6.0 Wizard generated master/detail forms give huge problems

Hi,

is this just my personal impression or do the machine generated
master/detail forms give not a really usable form ?

I have problems with one line of the generated code :

  Set grdDataGridFabricageorder.DataSource =
datFabricageorderRS.Recordset("ChildCMD").UnderlyingValue

Now if there is nothing in the Child rs this gives huge problems
because the line crashes with some EOF-BOF in the forms onload sub.

Normal because the recordset is empty, but what can you do with a
automatical generated master/detail if even this does not work and
there is no error handling whatsoever implemented ???

Does anyone have a working master/detail form/structure we can look
into, instead of that commercial bullock ms is trying to push down our
throats ?

Greetings !

ps: for the rest everything is cool ;-)

Fri, 04 Jul 2003 23:44:57 GMT

1. Data Form Wizard with Master/Detail Form-Layout

2. Data Form Wizard Master/Detail

3. Master-Detail with 2 seperate detail sections per master record, CR.NET

4. Creating master Detail forms in vb6

5. Master/Detail Forms in VB6

6. Link multiple datagrids to a single record (Master\Detail Form with multiple details)

7. Facing Problems in DBGrid Control in Master Detail Forms

8. DataRepeater VS Master Detail form - Problem linking Parent-Child

9. Problems with Master/Detail Form

10. I have a BIG problem with a Master/Detail form

11. Master/Detail Wizard

12. Master Detail sample program ini VB6