runtime error 429 occurs for some strange reason
Author Message
 runtime error 429 occurs for some strange reason

Hello,

I am using VB 5 Professional edition, with windows 95, and no service packs
installed. I am having problems with a standard exe project and required
assistance. I have detailed my problem below:

I have a form named frmcontrol. On this form I have a popup menu, an image,
a timer, and a MCI Multimedia control. In the sub main I make a new
instance of frmcontrol called control. I then display my splash screen then
load control. In the development environment the program runs ok, when I
make an exe of the program and run it, it runs ok. But when I run the same
exe on another computer, (After running the programs setup program to
install all the needed files), the splash screen is displayed, then when
the load control line is executed a run time error occurs :

Run - time error '429'

ActiveX component can't create object.

Could anybody please help me fix this bug. I'm finding it very annoying.

to this post.

Thankyou in advance,

        Jacob.

Thu, 18 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. runtime error 429 occurs for some strange reason

2. Runtime error 429 occurs in win95 but not in win98

3. Runtime error '429' at runtime

4. Runtime error '429' at runtime

5. Runtime error '429' at runtime

6. Runtime Error 429

7. Runtime error 429

8. Runtime Error 429

9. Activex Component Can’t Create Object - Runtime Error 429

10. Help - runtime error 429

11. Runtime Error 429

12. Runtime error '429', ActiveX can't create object