"Class Not Registered?"
Author Message
 "Class Not Registered?"

Hello, this is probably a stupid-simple question but it is really
troubling me...  I created a database and VB application to access said
database -- it works great, no problems.  Then I compile and make .EXE
file.  It still works great... so then I move it to a diskette and bring
it here to work -- it does not work any longer... The application runs but
gives a "Class Not Registered..." error and crashes whenever the database
is accessed.  I just installed service pack 3 on this machine.

So It may have occurred to me that maybe there was an .OBJ file created
with the .EXE that must be present as well?  I dont know.  I only copied
the .EXE and the .MDB to the diskette.  That could very well be the
problem.  Could someone help me out?

thanks,
aaron

Sat, 06 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 "Class Not Registered?"
Just a guess, but perhaps you're using a control that is not available on
the machine at work or you're missing the DAO dlls on that second machine.

>file.  It still works great... so then I move it to a diskette and bring
>it here to work -- it does not work any longer... The application runs but
>gives a "Class Not Registered..." error and crashes whenever the database

Sun, 14 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 "Class Not Registered?"
Gamwell-

You will need to have all of the associated .DLLs and .OCXs.  You can find
out what objects are associated with your program by opening your project
and looking in the Project menu under References as well as Components.

To make this easier, you can go to the Start Up Menu in Windows and go to
the Application Setup Wizard which will lead you through the process of
creating an installation that includes all necessary objects.  You can also
get the same result by using an installation creation program such as
InstallShield or Wise.

 Your only other choice is to discover the components associated with the
given descriptions and install those components on the destination computer.

I hope this helps.

Quote:

>Hello, this is probably a stupid-simple question but it is really
>troubling me...  I created a database and VB application to access said
>database -- it works great, no problems.  Then I compile and make .EXE
>file.  It still works great... so then I move it to a diskette and bring
>it here to work -- it does not work any longer... The application runs but
>gives a "Class Not Registered..." error and crashes whenever the database
>is accessed.  I just installed service pack 3 on this machine.

>So It may have occurred to me that maybe there was an .OBJ file created
>with the .EXE that must be present as well?  I dont know.  I only copied
>the .EXE and the .MDB to the diskette.  That could very well be the
>problem.  Could someone help me out?

>thanks,
>aaron

Tue, 16 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. "Class not registered" error

2. "class not registered" error

3. "Classes not registered" error sign

4. "Classes not registered" error sign

5. "Class not registered"

6. dataenvironment returns "CLASS NOT REGISTERED"

7. Help - "Class not registered"

8. DCOM - "Class not registered locally"

9. Err. "Class not Registered"

10. App uninstall generates subsequent "Class not registered" in Excel

11. VB6 App under Win95. Error "Class not registered..."

12. "Class not registered" error (PULLING MY HAIR OUT!!!!)