I get the error "Object server not properly registered"
Author Message
 I get the error "Object server not properly registered"

        I am using Visual Basic 4.0 (16-bit version) under Win3.1 and Win95.
The program MUST run under Win3.1 because almost none of our clients use Win95.

        The problem is this:  I can run my application fine on the system I
installed VB 4.0 on (both 16 and 32 bit versions).  When I attempt to transfer
the program to another system running Win95 (or Win3.1) I always get the error
"Object server not properly registered" when I try to open a database.

        Secondly:  I have both Win3.1 and Win95 installed on my machine.  I've
installed VB4.0 16 bit through both versions of Windows.  However, I get the
same error when I try to run my app through Win3.1.

        I've looked through the help file, and found that this has to do with
the Win95 system registery or a file called REG.DAT for 3.1.  My REG.DAT file
does have references to the MS Jet DBEngine 2.0.

        So, what do I need to do to make it work?

"Randomness is in the eye of the beholder" --Numerical Recipes

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~gmiller/

Tue, 27 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. "Object server not correctly registered" error

2. Error "Object Server not correctly registered"?

3. VB4 "Object Server Not Correctly Registered"

4. "Object Server Not Correctly Registered"

5. "Object Server Not Correctly Registered" - Solution

6. "Object server not correctly registered"

7. err "object server not correctly registered "

8. "OCX not registered properly" Cure

9. Error - "Oject Server Not correctly registered."

10. Error - "Oject Server Not correctly registered."

11. "Object Not Registered" error

12. "Automation Error-Interface not registered" Error