Data Grid Control display problem - urgent help required
Author Message
 Data Grid Control display problem - urgent help required

Hi,

I had a Data Grid Control bound to an ADO data control on my form. I have set
the connection string of the ADO data control pointing to a database and its
record source is a SQL statement. Just an hour ago, it seemed like everything
was working fine and the data grid was displaying the records. All of a sudden,
without me changing anything, the recordset seems to be retrieved but is not
visible on the Data Grid control. I checked the visible and enabled properties
of the data grid control which are both true. And I also have a text box on the
form totalling the dollar amount from a field appearing on the data grid
control, it displays the correct total which means that the recordset is
retrieved as coded. But why isn't the Data Grid displaying it ?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks for the time and help.

Sriram

Mon, 03 Mar 2003 00:08:19 GMT
 Data Grid Control display problem - urgent help required
Have you tried to refresh the form or maybe even set the form's AutoRefresh
property to true?

Let me know if this helps.

-Rick

Quote:
>Hi,

>I had a Data Grid Control bound to an ADO data control on my form. I have set
>the connection string of the ADO data control pointing to a database and its
>record source is a SQL statement. Just an hour ago, it seemed like everything
>was working fine and the data grid was displaying the records. All of a
>sudden,
>without me changing anything, the recordset seems to be retrieved but is not
>visible on the Data Grid control. I checked the visible and enabled
>properties
>of the data grid control which are both true. And I also have a text box on
>the
>form totalling the dollar amount from a field appearing on the data grid
>control, it displays the correct total which means that the recordset is
>retrieved as coded. But why isn't the Data Grid displaying it ?

>Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks for the time and help.

Download VB Code at : http://developer.teklar.com/
Visit my web site at : http://www.teklar.com/
For VB examples and Tips look out for VisualBasic101.com Coming Soon!

Wed, 12 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Data Grid Control display problem - urgent help required
Have you installed Visual Studio service pack 3?  The sp has a number of
fixes for DataGrid.

Wei

Quote:
> Have you tried to refresh the form or maybe even set the form's
AutoRefresh
> property to true?

> Let me know if this helps.

> -Rick

> >Hi,

> >I had a Data Grid Control bound to an ADO data control on my form. I have
set
> >the connection string of the ADO data control pointing to a database and
its
> >record source is a SQL statement. Just an hour ago, it seemed like
everything
> >was working fine and the data grid was displaying the records. All of a
> >sudden,
> >without me changing anything, the recordset seems to be retrieved but is
not
> >visible on the Data Grid control. I checked the visible and enabled
> >properties
> >of the data grid control which are both true. And I also have a text box
on
> >the
> >form totalling the dollar amount from a field appearing on the data grid
> >control, it displays the correct total which means that the recordset is
> >retrieved as coded. But why isn't the Data Grid displaying it ?

> >Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks for the time and help.

> Download VB Code at : http://developer.teklar.com/
> Visit my web site at : http://www.teklar.com/
> For VB examples and Tips look out for VisualBasic101.com Coming Soon!

Mon, 24 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Data Grid control problem - urgent help required

2. Urgent help Required data not displayed

3. Displaying control in Data Grid Control

4. help required with mulitple Dropdownlistbox not displaying data.

5. Urgent Help Required - Memory Problem

6. Date problems - urgent help required

7. URGENT HELP WANTED: displaying data in a graph

8. urgent help needed about the grid control

9. Urgent help needed about grid control.

10. Urgent help needed about grid control.

11. Data Tier Help required (n-tier problem)

12. PLEASE HELP - MKS MKD etc - Urgent Help Required