Problem: OLE automation server can't create object
Author Message
 Problem: OLE automation server can't create object

When I'm trying to start my application on an other computer I get the
error (number 429):

        OLE automation server can't create object

This is on a computer with Windows'95 and it's an 16 bit Visual Basic 4
program.
On my own computer I have no problems.

I think it has something to do with then VB command: Set db=OpenDatabase
("FILE.MDB")

I read somewhere on the page of Microsoft I had to use the following
command on the DOS prompt:

REGSVR.EXE AUTPRX16.DLL

But I don't have these two files!

Does anybody know a solution.
Please Help Me (After searching the web for hours)

Answering please bij E-mail

H. Staaks

Mon, 07 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem: OLE automation server can't create object

did you create distribution media with the setup wizard?

any time you get an error 429, it means that an ole server (like the DAO
engine) wasn't registered properly, if at all, on the client machine.

check to make sure everything is being distrbuted properly!

--

Don't forget to check out our web page for more great hints!
www.xtremecomp.com

Quote:

>When I'm trying to start my application on an other computer I get the
>error (number 429):

> OLE automation server can't create object

>This is on a computer with Windows'95 and it's an 16 bit Visual Basic 4
>program.
>On my own computer I have no problems.

>I think it has something to do with then VB command: Set db=OpenDatabase
>("FILE.MDB")

>I read somewhere on the page of Microsoft I had to use the following
>command on the DOS prompt:

>REGSVR.EXE AUTPRX16.DLL

>But I don't have these two files!

>Does anybody know a solution.
>Please Help Me (After searching the web for hours)

>Answering please bij E-mail

>H. Staaks

Wed, 09 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. OLE Automation Server Can't Create Object

2. OLE Automation Server can't create object!?

3. Can't add class to ASP.NET project - Automation server can't create object

4. OLE Automation Server cant create object error please help

5. ole automation server cant create object

6. OLE Automation Server Cannot Create Object?

7. ERROR: Automation server can't create object

8. FileSystemObject: automation server can't create object

9. AUTOMATION SERVER CAN'T CREATE OBJECT !!!!!Help

10. Automation server can't create object - Microsoft JScript runtime (0x800A01AD)

11. Automation server can't create object - Microsoft JScript runtime (0x800A01AD)

12. Error 429 : OLE Server can't create object