Table join between two tables in different databases
Author Message
 Table join between two tables in different databases

How can I create a dynaset which recordset is a join between two tables
stored in different Access database (*.MDB)?

What I can think of is to attach an external tables into another database,
but it seems that it will actually copy the whole table to the database.  It
is not desirable as the table is quite large.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Derek Kung

Mon, 20 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Table join between two tables in different databases
Attaching table using Access does NOT copy the attached table to the
database. It simply creates a pointer to the table data in the source
database.

Quote:

>How can I create a dynaset which recordset is a join between two tables
>stored in different Access database (*.MDB)?
>What I can think of is to attach an external tables into another database,
>but it seems that it will actually copy the whole table to the database.  It
>is not desirable as the table is quite large.
>Any other suggestions?
>Thanks in advance.

>Derek Kung

Tue, 21 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Joining two tables from different databases

2. Table join between two different databases (MSSQL 6.5)

3. Joining two tables from two databases

4. Creating a join on tables in two different MSSQL 6.5 DB's

5. Joining two tables on different length fields

6. joining two tables from different dbs

7. Querying two recordset objects or Joining tables from different datastores

8. Joining two tables from different dbs

9. Join on two tables from different data sources?

10. Trying to bind data from two different tables to two different controls

11. Join two tables from seperate databases

12. Joining tables from different JET databases: how???