another question concerning data objects and combo boxes
Author Message
 another question concerning data objects and combo boxes

May I suggest that you bind the combo box to your data source as a starting
point.

Then when the item is selected from the combo box you can programatically
populate the
two labels on the on change event.

Im sorry I cant be more specific, without info as to how the dbase is
structured I'm afraid I cant be more
specific

Regards

> I have the following form I am working on:

> the idea here is to link the two lables and the combo box and hide the
data
> object. when  a user selects a code out of the combo box I want the
> appropriate fields to all change to the indicated record but as it is the
> only way I can do this now is by using the arrows on the data object can
> someone help me with the code to a make a selection of one of the combo
box
> items change the record instead of using the data object.
> the only code I have so far for the combo box is as follows

> Private Sub Form_Load()
>     cmbProcedureCode.AddItem "TC"
>     cmbProcedureCode.AddItem "RV"
>     cmbProcedureCode.AddItem "OS"
>     cmbProcedureCode.AddItem "HW"
>     cmbProcedureCode.AddItem "FC"
>     cmbProcedureCode.AddItem "OV"
> End Sub

> by the way these codes conform to one of the fields in the database I am
> linking to the form using the data object.
> all the information for the three fields are contained within three fields
> in the access database
> thanx in advance
> Doug_xx2

> P.S. and by the way sorry for the bianaries in a non bianaries group but I
> did not know how to explain things without the illustration.

Mon, 07 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. another question concerning data objects and combo boxes

2. enter data in a combo box based on value from another combo box

3. Combo Box like Data Bound Combo Box?

4. combo box/database combo box vlaue question - newbie

5. Data Validation and Combo Box Questions

6. combo box using data control performance question

7. Data Validation and Combo Box Questions

8. Data Validation and Combo Box Questions

9. Data Combo Box Question

10. Concerns About Crystal Data Object (CDO)

11. Filling combo box text box area from data

12. Vb 4.0 Problems updating Text Boxes from Combo Box linked to Data Control