Data List Help
Author Message
 Data List Help

Hello,
I am using VB6 to connect to a SQL Server database.  One of the forms I am
using has two data list controls, that display one column from two different
tables.  The data list shows names for video sources and video destinations,
however, I need to get the source and destination number from the underlying
tables.  The data list shows the names, and the bound column property
returns the value that I want to a variable.  My problem is when a source or
destination is chosen, and you move out of the data list to choose the
other, it automatically moves to the first item in the data list.  When the
command button is clicked to assign the values to a variable, the values
that are returned are correct, but its a bit confusing.  I cannot find a
property of the data list that causes the first item in the data list to be
highlighted once the mouse is clicked anywhere outside of the data list.
Does anyone know why this happens and how to solve it?
Thanks,

Sun, 26 Jun 2005 07:23:57 GMT

1. Drop List in a List VIew or a Data Grid control

2. Help with VB Data bound list control !!

3. Need HELP Importing Access List Box data to Word document

4. Help with VB Data bound list control !!

5. Help in Data bound list control !!

6. Help with Data Environment/Dropdown List

7. trying to get data from data reader into drop down list

8. Can't copy data from data list into datagrid

9. How to show Data List with data environment

10. empty data list / data grid on NT4, but fine on Windows98

11. Help wanted with file list boxes and list boxes

12. Help! List Check List Boxes