The Jet VBA failed to initialize...
Author Message
 The Jet VBA failed to initialize...

Hi,

Can anyone help me with this one?

Today, VB5 surprised me with this message:

"The jet VBA file (VBAJET.dll for 16-bit versions, or VBAJET32.dll for
32-bit versions) failed to initialize when called. Try reinstalling the
application that returned the error."

The thing is that I'm developing a small app using the jet database engine
to access an MS-Access database. But, after installing in my computer
another application (I was "test driving" it for deployment at work), VB
went crazy!

The app I'm talking about was developed in MS-Access and uses SQL Anywhere
5.0 Client to access a remote Sybase database (via ODBC32).

I've already reinstalled and removed (several times) VB5, MS-Office 97 and
that app that started this mess, but nothing seems to work!

Please tell me I don't have to reinstall everything from scratch (Including
Windows)

By the way: in my app I'm using (bounded)  Data Objects, DBgrid's, DBlist's

Thanks,

JMDias.

Tue, 23 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 The Jet VBA failed to initialize...

Quote:

>Hi,
>Can anyone help me with this one?
>Today, VB5 surprised me with this message:
>"The jet VBA file (VBAJET.dll for 16-bit versions, or VBAJET32.dll for
>32-bit versions) failed to initialize when called. Try reinstalling the
>application that returned the error."

Ewww. Try running REGSVR32.EXE on those DLls. Maybe something munched some
registry settings? =(

Tue, 23 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 The Jet VBA failed to initialize...
On Fri, 7 May 1999 19:17:50 +0200, "Jos Dias"

Quote:

>Hi,

>Can anyone help me with this one?

>Today, VB5 surprised me with this message:

>"The jet VBA file (VBAJET.dll for 16-bit versions, or VBAJET32.dll for
>32-bit versions) failed to initialize when called. Try reinstalling the
>application that returned the error."

        Was the app you installed created with vb6?  Or does it use
the newer vbajet32.dll?  Version 6.+  If so then you may be missing
the expsrv.dll.  The newer jetvba32 dll requires this file to
initialize.  Check out the MS KB and search for that dll name.  You
will find a few articles on this issue.

Wed, 24 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 The Jet VBA failed to initialize...

Quote:
> Was the app you installed created with vb6?  Or does it use
>the newer vbajet32.dll?  Version 6.+  If so then you may be missing
>the expsrv.dll.  The newer jetvba32 dll requires this file to
>initialize.  Check out the MS KB and search for that dll name.  You
>will find a few articles on this issue.

None of the above, as I said in my previous post: The app I'm talking about
was developed in MS-Access (97???) and uses SQL Anywhere 5.0 to connect to a
remote Sybase DB (via ODBC)

The thing is that after installing this third party app, the main form of
Access appeared to me in Portuguese language (!?!?) (And I've installed an
US English version). I've also replied NO to all questions about installing
a different language dll when was installing that third party app!

Anyway, after reinstalling Office97, everything seemed normal again...except
VB5 that continues to present me with the "...Jet VBA file..."  failure
message.

I didn't try any of the hints you guys sent me because the problem is not on
my home computer...I'll try some Monday...

Thank you for answering, I'm going to collect some more hints hoping they'll
work!

Wed, 24 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Urgent Help!!! Jet VBA failed to initialize

2. Urgent Help Needed - Jet VBA failed to initialize

3. Urgent Help Needed - Jet VBA failed to initialize

4. Jet VBA failed to initialize when called

5. Urgent Help Needed - Jet VBA failed to initialize

6. Help!!! Jet VBA failed to initialize

7. Error: The Jet VBA file failed to initialize when called

8. Jet VBA file failed to initialize

9. VBA fails to initialize in Visio 2000 - Why??

10. Failed to initialize VBA

11. newbie: Jet VBA failed to intialize

12. newbie question - Jet VBA failed to intialize