MSDE, Can't edit data using MSDE
Author Message
 MSDE, Can't edit data using MSDE

I just installed MSDE for MS Visual studio.  I can use Access ADP file to
work with the objects (view tables, restructure tables, create stored
procedures, delete tables, etc.)  However, I just noticed that I can not
edit any data.  That's right, I have no permissions to edit the data.

Where and How do I set up MSDE so I can have these privilages?
When I open a table and attempt to insert record, I notice that the "New
Record" menu option is grayed and unavailable.

Also, when I try to change the Permissions using File=>Connection=>Advanced,
I notice also that I can not modify the Access Rights to this database
objects.

I am running MSDE on a stand-alone machine that I use for development, and I
am not attached to SQL Server7.

What is going on here?  Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.

Mau

Wed, 08 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. MSDE Newbie: Will MSDE work with dbs I've developed using SQL SERVER???

2. 'Canned' data in VB program

3. What's happening with MSDE

4. Querying SQL server 7.00 (MSDE) to list it's databases

5. MSDE Desktop/WIN98/VB6 Data View

6. VB6, ADO, MSDE how to connect to data on web site (by URL)

7. download or synch MSDE data to SQLCE?

8. MSDE - used by visio?

9. MSDE Installation Query using Bootstrapper

10. Using MSDE

11. using MSDE

12. Anyone using MSDE w/VB...