VB SQL Report Generator ?
Author Message
 VB SQL Report Generator ?

Hi,

Does anyone know of a freeware or inexpensive control that will provide an
access-like frontend to a database connection which can then be used to
generate queries / reports ?

Didn't want to re-invent the wheel    ;)

Many thanks,

Rob.

Mon, 22 Dec 2003 23:18:58 GMT
 VB SQL Report Generator ?
I'd just like to add that this is a feature I want to implement in a program
at run time.   It should allow users to create ad-hoc (select only) reports
by selecting fields from tables etc.

Rob.

Quote:
> Hi,

> Does anyone know of a freeware or inexpensive control that will provide an
> access-like frontend to a database connection which can then be used to
> generate queries / reports ?

> Didn't want to re-invent the wheel    ;)

> Many thanks,

> Rob.

Tue, 23 Dec 2003 01:56:16 GMT
 VB SQL Report Generator ?
Rob,
Active Reports version 2 from Data Dynamics reportedly has this capability.
I haven't used version 2 but previous versions were quite capable of
handling very difficult reporting chores. The new version is not cheap but
may be worth it, considering how well previous versions have worked.

Oscar Bowyer

Quote:
> Hi,

> Does anyone know of a freeware or inexpensive control that will provide an
> access-like frontend to a database connection which can then be used to
> generate queries / reports ?

> Didn't want to re-invent the wheel    ;)

> Many thanks,

> Rob.

Tue, 23 Dec 2003 08:49:51 GMT

1. help: SQL parameter type mismatch in report generator

2. SQL Server stored proc to VB Source generator

3. SQL Server stored proc to VB Source generator

4. VB / SQL code generator

5. SQL Server stored proc to VB Source generator

6. Report Generator for VB?

7. report generator, VB, Foxpro, & rookies

8. VB 6.0 Report generator question

9. Report generator for VB

10. Reports writer / generator - Diamond Reports TM

11. Access report generator instead of Crystal Reports

12. Reports writer / generator - Diamond Reports TM