Refresh delay of records in a jet database
Author Message
 Refresh delay of records in a jet database

I'm having a problem with records not becoming available after updating or
creating in a jet database.

Basically, I have a collection of objects that represent records from a
table. If a delete operation is performed, or a new record added, the
collection is refreshed. The problem is that between the delete or new
record and opening a new recordset to refresh the collection with, jet
hasn't updated it's caching and/or delayed writes haven't been completed.

I changed my connections to use the properties listed below to reduce the
chances of this problem. It has helped significantly, but it still exists.
The Page Timeout sets the time used for Jet to refresh its paging read
cache, but 500 is the lowest value it will accept. Does anyone know of a
solution to get around this problem?

        Conn.Properties("Jet OLEDB:Transaction Commit Mode") = 1
        Conn.Properties("Jet OLEDB:Flush Transaction Timeout") = 0
        Conn.Properties("Jet OLEDB:Page Timeout") = 500
        Conn.Properties("Jet OLEDB:Shared Async Delay") = 0

Cheers,

Brent...

Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:40:49 GMT

1. Copying records from jet database to a new jet database

2. Problems refreshing server-based Jet Database with VB4

3. Refresh Jet Database Linked Table

4. 4000 records in Jet Database Effects on Performance

5. 4000 records in Jet Database

6. Jet engine loses 10 records when first opening an Access 97 database

7. Jet database: saving old records and purging

8. Refreshing database record display forms

9. Updated records in Access Database not refreshing

10. JET corruption -delayed write back

11. Access: Delayed refresh of underlying table

12. Access: Delayed refresh of underlying table